Organizations Receiving Grants
Through the generous support of our members, we are able to offer grants to local organizations working to improve the lives of our fellow citizens. We especially focus on groups working in the areas of poverty, health, and education.
The following are organizations we currently support:
- Athens Area Emergency Food Bank
- Athens Neighborhood Health Center
- Athens Nurses Clinic
- Athens YMCA
- Bethlehem Ministry
- Clarke County Mentor Program
- Extra Special People
- Food Bank of Northeast Georgia
- Greek Intervarsity at UGA
- Homeless Day Center
- Interfaith Hospitality Network of Athens (for information about IHNA at FPC, click here)
- Jubilee Partners
- Meals on Wheels (Athens Division of Community Council on Aging)
- Our Daily Bread
- Presbyterian Student Center at UGA
- The Ark – United Ministries Outreach Center
- Weekday School Ministry
- Weekday School Scholarships
- Young Life
If your organization wishes to apply for a grant, please do so by November 1, 2018. The online form is here.
Additionally, we take an offering on Christmas Eve which usually supports a local cause. Past recipients include Meals on Wheels, Interfaith Hospitality Network, and the Ark.