Accessing Member Information from the Church Life smart phone application
As we pointed out earlier, you have two ways to access member information: a computer browser or Church Life app on your smart phone. There are major differences in what you can access and do using these approaches. They are outlined in the table below:
|Information||What you can access from computer/mobile browser||Update this information through browser?||What you can access from Church Life App||Update this information through Church Life?|
|Personal||Most of your personal informaiton||Yes, you can update most of the information||Limited subset: Name, email, address, phone number||Yes, this limited set|
|Giving||Current and History Dollars Given and Pledged||No||Has no information||No|
|Give||Specify amount and other giving information||Yes, this is an update||Specify amount and other giving information||Yes, this is an update|
Ways to serve activities
Groups you are in
Events registered for
|Yes, Ways to Serve and Groups||Church Calendar |
Events you are registered for
|Other Members||Limited subset: Name, email, address, phone number|
Send an email to member
View and Print Church Directories
|No||Limited subset: Name, email, address, phone number|
you can email, text or call member
The Church Life smart phone application is a very useful app that provides access to a subset of information in Access ACS: see columns 4 and 5 in the table above. Before you can use Church Life you must download the free app. Below you will find links to download the Church Life app on your Apple or Android device.
- Android: Click Here
- Apple: Click Here
- Blackberry and other mobile devices can enter www.churchlife.mobi from any mobile browser. It would be better to just log into Access ACS with your mobile browser as we outline in a previous sub-section. Logging in through the browser gives you access to more information.
You can now login to the Church Life app using your email and password. After you enter them the first time the app will remember them unless you have to reboot your smartphone (you have to reenter them after a reboot sometimes). The first time you log into the system it might asked for FPC site number; you would enter 90041. Do the following:
- Watch a short video giving you a tour of what you can do on the Church Life app, click here (8 mins).
- Explore the Church Life app on your own by doing at least the following tasks:
- Find Nancy Bostrom’s phone number, email address and age
- Send your cell phone a text
- Find out what is going on at church on this coming Sunday
- Click here (1 min) to hear how staff and members at Sugar Grove Church of Christ in Meadows Place, TX use the Church Life app to quickly and conveniently look up important information on the go. Their usage pattern is very similar to what is happening in our church.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Jennifer in the Church Office here or 706-543-4338(x 211)