Adult Sunday School
Adult Sunday School Opportunities:
Everyone is invited to visit or join a Sunday School class any time. Please contact a class representative for more information. On site Sunday School is suspended through the end of May, but please join us for Online Sunday School at 9:45 a.m.
Dr. Baer will host a Zoom call about the scripture texts to be read and preached in worship. Zoom is a web-based audio and video conferencing tool that can be used through desktop computers, laptops and smartphones.
If you’ve never joined a Zoom meeting before, please click here to learn how:
To join the conversation, shortly before 9:45 a.m. please go to https://zoom.us/j/7065434338 (password 185185). You can either watch from your laptop or install the app on your smartphone.
If you are using your smartphone, please download the app “ZOOM Cloud Meetings.” Once you click in the link to access the event (www.zoom.us/j/7065434338, password 185185), you will be directed to the meeting in the app. Follow the instructions in your screen to activate your camera or microphone and you are all set!
|Christian Issues||Room 308||Sandy Boyles||Study of The Story - one continuing story of God and His people (NIV version). The Bible in chronological order, related as a story.|
|Inquirers||Moses Waddel Room||Carla Buss,|
|Thoughtful introspection and lively group discussion covering contemporary issues and daily Christian living, with guest speakers or DVD studies.
- DVD, Who Did They Say He Was? Jesus in Text and Context. by Amy-Jill Levine
|Living on a Prayer||Room 303||Karen Burg||Devotionals based on scripture, led by different class members. Monthly community engagement project.|
|New Voices||Room 310||Lewis Hudgins,|
|Finishing the study of the book, Holy Envy - Finding God in the Faith of Others, by Barbara Brown Taylor and study of the book, The Book of Job by Donald Kraus.|
|W.D. Hooper||Room 309||Jerris Hayes||Study of the New Testament book of Revelation.|
|Wayne F. Middendorf Men's Bible Class||Bride's Room, Tinsley Stern||Jim Scanlon||Study of John Calvin for the Armchair Theologian, by Christopher Elwood.|
|Women's Bible||Room 301||Wanda Wilcox||Study of Exodus in our verse-by-verse approach.|
Some reasons to attend Sunday School as an Adult:
- Increase your personal knowledge and understanding of scripture.
- Learn from the teachings of the great religious scholars throughout the centuries
- Learn how to transform your faith into action in your daily walk with God.
- Find answers to the profound questions of God and life and their expectations of you.
- Learn the traditions and beliefs of the Presbyterian Church.
- Make new friends or develop older friendships while becoming a part of a supportive and loving community.