Adult Sunday School
Adult Sunday School Opportunities:
Everyone is invited to visit or join a Sunday School class any time. Sunday school is on summer break. Please contact a class representative for more information.
|Christian Issues||Room 308||Sandy Boyles||Study of The Story - one continuing story of God and His people (NIV version). The Bible in chronological order, related as a story.|
|Inquirers||Moses Waddel Room||Carla Buss,|
|Thoughtful introspection and lively group discussion covering contemporary issues and daily Christian living, with guest speakers or DVD studies.
- DVD, Who Did They Say He Was? Jesus in Text and Context. by Amy-Jill Levine
|Living on a Prayer||Room 303||Karen Burg||Devotionals based on scripture, led by different class members. Monthly community engagement project.|
|New Voices||Room 310||Lewis Hudgins,|
|Finishing the study of the book, Holy Envy - Finding God in the Faith of Others, by Barbara Brown Taylor and study of the book, The Book of Job by Donald Kraus.|
|W.D. Hooper||Room 309||Jerris Hayes||Study of the New Testament book of Revelation.|
|Wayne F. Middendorf Men's Bible Class||Bride's Room, Tinsley Stern||Jim Scanlon||Study of John Calvin for the Armchair Theologian, by Christopher Elwood.|
|Women's Bible||Room 301||Wanda Wilcox||Study of Exodus in our verse-by-verse approach.|
Some reasons to attend Sunday School as an Adult:
- Increase your personal knowledge and understanding of scripture.
- Learn from the teachings of the great religious scholars throughout the centuries
- Learn how to transform your faith into action in your daily walk with God.
- Find answers to the profound questions of God and life and their expectations of you.
- Learn the traditions and beliefs of the Presbyterian Church.
- Make new friends or develop older friendships while becoming a part of a supportive and loving community.