This is a very caring church. We care not only for people beyond our congregation but for our own members. In addition to the myriad acts of kindness and encouragement that happen spontaneously, there are multiple organized ways that we respond compassionately to needs:
- The Correspondence Team and Scribes send cards of encouragement, celebration, and thanks
- DotsCloset@First offers members a chance to borrow or loan a walker, wheelchair, etc. Please find a current list of available inventory here.
- Flower Ministry volunteers rearrange flowers from the Sunday service into smaller bouquets and deliver them to those not able to attend church
- Lay Callers are trained laypersons who visit members in the hospital and senior living facilities
- Our Parish Nurse promotes health and wholeness among our congregation
- Prayer Chain members pray personally for people who request prayers
- Response Teams prepare and deliver meals to families after the death of a member, birth of a child, or other special need
- Rideshare@First allows members the opportunity to receive or offer a ride to church or other important appointments
- Our Senior Adult Ministry honors our older adults with special events throughout the year
- Stephen Ministry is a program which equips laypeople to provide one-to-one Christian care to those who are facing a crisis or difficulty such as death of a loved one, job loss, chronic illness, relocation, etc. To learn more, click here.